COVID 19 has presented many challenges for sports. With that said, sports physicals will be held on Wednesday, July 1st, and Wednesday, July 8th. With social distancing, you will need to sign up in advance and time slots are limited. We ask that you consider scheduling an appointment with your PCP or at one of the Urgent Care facilities. ALL students MUST have a completed PIAA package and physical to participate in a Fall sport. Sign-ups for Wednesday, July 8th will open up on July 1st. THANK YOU
Event Admissions Prices
Varsity Events: $5.00 Adult $3.00 Student
Junior High Events: $3.00 Adult $2.00 Student
Season Pass: $150.00, check made payable to Clarion Area School District
PIAA Physical & IMPACT Information
Sports Physicals Information
Prior to any student participating in Practices, Inter-School Practices, Scrimmages, and/or Contests, at any PIAA member school in any school year, the student is required to (1) complete a Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE); and (2) have the appropriate person(s) complete the first six Sections of the CIPPE Form. Upon completion of Sections 1 and 2 by the parent/guardian; Sections 3, 4, and 5 by the student and parent/guardian; and Section 6 by an Authorized Medical Examiner (AME), those Sections must be turned in to the Principal, or the Principal’s designee, of the student's school for retention by the school. The CIPPE may not be authorized earlier than June 1st and shall be effective, regardless of when performed during a school year, until the latter of the next May 31st or the conclusion of the spring sports season.
- SUBSEQUENT SPORT(S) IN THE SAME SCHOOL YEAR: Following completion of a CIPPE, the same student seeking to participate in Practices, Inter-School Practices, Scrimmages, and/or Contests in subsequent sport(s) in the same school year, must complete Section 7 of this form and must turn in that Section to the Principal, or Principal’s designee, of his or her school. If the student was injured or is returning from an injury from a previous season, a doctor must complete Section 8.
SECTION 7: RE-CERTIFICATION BY PARENT/GUARDIAN
This form must be completed not earlier than six weeks prior to the first Practice day of the sport(s) in the sports season(s) identified herein by the parent/guardian of any student who is seeking to participate in Practices, Inter-School Practices, Scrimmages, and/or Contests in all subsequent sport seasons in the same school year. The Principal, or the Principal’s designee, of the herein named student’s school must review the SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH HISTORY. If any SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH HISTORY questions are either checked yes or circled, the herein named student shall submit a completed Section 8, Re-Certification by Licensed Physician of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine, to the Athletic Director/ Athletic Trainer of the student’s school.
Section 8: Re-CERTIFICATION BY LICENSED PHYSICIAN OF MEDICINE OR OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
This Form must be completed for any student who, subsequent to completion of Sections 1 through 6 of this CIPPE Form, required medical treatment from a licensed physician of medicine or osteopathic medicine. This Section 8 may be completed at any time following completion of such medical treatment. Upon completion, the Form must be turned in to the Athletic Director/Athletic Trainer of the student's school, who, pursuant to ARTICLE X, LOCAL MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL, Section 2, Powers and Duties of Principal, subsection C, of the PIAA Constitution, shall “exclude any contestant who has suffered serious illness or injury until that contestant is pronounced physically fit by the school’s licensed physician of medicine or osteopathic medicine, or if none is employed, by another licensed physician of medicine or osteopathic medicine.” NOTE: The physician completing this Form must first review Sections 5 and 6 of the herein named student's previously completed CIPPE Form. Section 7 must also be reviewed if both (1) this Form is being used by the herein named student to participate in Practices, Inter-School Practices, Scrimmages, and/or Contests in a subsequent sport season in the same school year AND (2) the herein named student either checked yes or circled any Supplemental Health History questions in Section 7. If the physician completing this Form is clearing the herein named student subsequent to that student sustaining a concussion or traumatic brain injury, that physician must be sufficiently familiar with current concussion management such that the physician can certify that all aspects of evaluation, treatment, and risk of that injury have been thoroughly covered by that physician.
PRIOR TO ANY ATHLETE PARTICIPATING IN PRACTICES, THEY ARE REQUIRED TO TURN IN A COMPLETED PIAA PACKAGE, which includes a physical to the Athletic Department.
Paperwork due by:
- July 15th- Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Golf and JH Girls Basketball
- October 15th - Varsity Boys/Girls Basketball, Wrestling and Boys JH Boys Basketball
- February 15th- Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, Varsity Boys/Girls Track and Field and JH Volleyball
Testing dates will be scheduled in July 2020.
ALL 7th, 9th, 11th graders, new students and anyone who has had a concussion MUST complete an impact test prior to their sport season. You will not be able to participate in school camps, practices or events until you have completed an ImPACT test.
On testing dates, please arrive 15 minutes early. Doors will close 10 minutes prior to the start of the test. NO interruptions after this time.
Attendance & Eligibility for Extracurricular Activities
- To be eligible to participate in practices or events a student must be in attendance for the entire school day.
- Students arriving late to school will not be permitted to participate in extracurricular activities (Including practice and events) that day unless due to one of the reasons listed under the Attendance and Eligibility for Co-curricular or Extracurricular Activities section in the Student Handbook. One warning per sport season will be given.
- Students participating in extracurricular activities must be passing a minimum of 4 (four) full credit courses or the equivalent and may not be failing more than 1 (one) core course weekly to be eligible to participate in an extracurricular activity. If a student is NOT passing 4 (four) full credit courses or the equivalent or is failing more than 1 (one) core course in any given week of a season, that student will be ruled ineligible for the week (Sunday through Saturday) and are not permitted to participate in ANY PIAA activities (events and practices) during that time. Grade eligibility will be checked every Friday at noon.
- To be eligible, students must have passed at least 4 (four) full credit courses or the equivalent and have failed no more than 1 (one) core course during the previous grading period. Eligibility for the first grading period is based on your final grades from the preceding school year. Students failing to meet this eligibility requirement will lose their eligibility for 15 school days of the next grading period, beginning on the first day report cards are issued.
PIAA Coaching Requirements
- ALL COACHES must complete the Concussion in Sports, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Heat Illness Prevention training courses. For more information on these courses, please click on the course title.
- ALL COACHES must have the following clearances: SEE THE PIAA WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
- ALL COACHES must be certified in CPR/First Aide and have completed a Coaching course. Please see the PIAA website for additional information on coaches classes and how to upload your certificates.