Meal Signups - Please read the following and fill out the form below
The USDA announced a waiver extension that will allow free meals to children ages 1 to 18 through December 31st, 2020 or until funding is no longer available.
• Beginning Monday, Tuesday, October 13th, 2020 free grab and go breakfasts and lunches will be available on days school is in session to children ages 1 to 18 who are NOT physically in school.
• Requests for meals MUST be made by completing a form that can be found on the district’s home page at www.clarion-schools.com. This form must be completed each Sunday by 7:00 PM for the week’s participation. While the online form is preferred, parents may call the food service office at 226-6110 ext. 264 no later than 8:00 AM the day of meal pick-up.
• Pre-ordered meals will be available for pick-up at the main entrance of Clarion Area Jr./Sr. High School, 219 Liberty St., Clarion, PA 16214 from 12:15 PM – 12:45 PM.
• Parents/guardians may pick up meals for students who are not enrolled in the district, are virtual learners, or who are not yet school aged and at least one year old.
• One breakfast and one lunch per child will be provided on days school is in session.
• Meals provided may be different than the meals provided to our “brick and mortar” students.
• To ensure program integrity and maintain accountability Clarion Area School District will make efforts to ensure meals are only distributed to parents/guardians of eligible children. When necessary, the district will take measures to ensure duplicate meals provided by this program are avoided.
• Notification will be provided before the program ends.
Your patience and understanding is appreciated as we navigate through this process of providing quality, nutritious meals in both traditional and alternative formats.
Elementary School Staff
Karen Wells- ServSafe Cert.
Anita Sharrar- ServSafe Cert.
High School Staff
Loni Beichner- ServSafe Cert.
Noreen Hetrick- ServSafe Cert.
Peggy Rex- ServSafe Cert.
Kelly Stiglitz- ServSafe Cert.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or